In this episode of the ongoing Culture Online digest we get acquainted with online music projects and watch an interview with production director Dmitry Otyakovsky — one of the main activists of digital opera in Russia. Dmitry’s projects involve many digital formats and discoveries: for example, in one of his first works, the Glossary 2.0 opera, the main role was played by Google Translate, and libretto was written by a neuronet.
Video shows the following projects:
- Svoboda Zvuka, by Vasily Konstantinovsky and Andrey Popesku;
- Exhibition show by the XIII Spasskaya Tower Festival, Spasskaya Tower International Cultural Center (Moscow);
- Online broadcasts of the Philharmonic, St. Petersburg State Academic Philharmonic named after D. D. Shostakovich;
- Digital platform musicAeterna.org, Team of musicAeterna headed by T. Kurentzis and VTB Bank (PJSC);
- Music of Heroes, Russian National Museum of Music;
- Music Contest #stayhomejazzchallenge, Igor Butman Fund for the Support and Development of Musical Art;
- Siberian Youth Orchestra at the Krasnoyarsk Hydroelectric Power Station, Krasnoyarsk Regional Philharmonic;
- Glossary 2.0;Feast during the Plague; Digital Opera Research Laboratory, Dmitry Otyakovsky.
For more tech music projects see special section!