We introduce in detail projects of the winners of the Culture Online International Award to visitors of the portal. We present to your attention the awardee in the nomination “Cultural Gamification” – “The Book Renaissance “Exhibition 360””. The authors of the project, the Don State Public Library from Rostov-on-Don, came up with the idea of touching masterpieces of world literature (late 19th and early 20th centuries) in the online format. The team has created digital duplicates of 6 most popular and recognizable publications from the collection of its library. Copies are developed using photogrammetry technology (Meshroom) and the game engine (Unity).
- “The Bible, or the Sacred Books of the Old and New Testaments”, with 230 figures by Gustave Dore.
- “Grand Ducal, Royal and Imperial Hunting in Russia”, historical essay by Nikolai Kutepov. Illustrated by Professor V.M. Vasnetsov
- “Biblia Zlota Klasykow” (“The Bible is the Gold of the Classics”), the Bible in Polish.
- “History and Monuments of Byzantine Enamel”, the monument of Russian typographic art of the late 19th century.
- Anniversary historical and artistic edition in memory of “The 300th anniversary of the reign of the Romanov Imperial House”.
- “Oberon”, a fairy tale poem. Wieland C.M. Oberon. Ein romantisches Heldengedicht in zwölf Gesängen.
- Viewing of publications is available both offline, when visiting the library, by using electronic kiosks, and online – via the computer or the gadget.
Do you want to be the first to learn the news of digital art? – Subscribe to our social networks:
Leave A Comment