The list of finalists of the international Culture Online Award has been announced. In 2021, 452 projects were submitted from more than 20 countries and 50 regions of Russia.
In 2021, the award has not only become an international event, but also a quality mark for projects implemented by cultural institutions with the use of modern technologies.
Greatest number of applications was submitted for the following nominations: “Best educational project” – 140 applications, “Best online project” – 91 applications and 71 applications for “Digital transformation: from offline to online”.
52 applications were registered for “Best collaboration” nomination, 28 applications – for “Best IT solution in the field of culture”. 49 initiatives – in “Best SMM campaign”, and 21- in the “Cultural gamification” nomination.
Expert council, which evaluated the projects, included 8 cultural figures, media representatives and experts in strategic communications: musician, conductor, People’s Artist of the USSR and the Russian Federation Yuri Bashmet; artist and architect, Chief Architect of Moscow Sergey Kuznetsov; Director of the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts Marina Loshak; General Director of the TASS agency Sergey Mikhailov; Rector of St. Petersburg Academy of Arts named after Ilya Repin, Honored Artist of the Russian Federation Semyon Mikhailovsky; art critic, founder of the largest online school in the Russian-speaking Internet for the study of art history Op Pop Art, last year winner in the “Best SMM campaign” nomination, Anastasia Postrigai; pianist, award winner of international competitions, producer, artistic director of RCCR Projects agency (Berlin), founder of the Russian-German Music Academy, winner in the nomination “Best Online Project 2020 “Nikolaus Rexroth; writer, author of a number of bestsellers, screenwriter, founder of the Unprincipled Readings literary and theatrical project Alexander Tsypkin.
Projects were evaluated according to 6 criteria: innovation, cultural value, audience reach, potential and scalability, social significance, user experience; each of the criteria helped to examine the projects in full and determine the finalists.
The list of finalists with the highest number of points included 35 projects.
“Best online project”
- Virtual platform of the New Nature exhibition project, organizer: the Manege Central Exhibition Hall
- “Marathon of the youth orchestras of the world“, organizer: Russian Concert Agency LLC
- Dostoevsky Lecture Hall Media Library, organizer: Modern Lecture Hall Education Center Autonomous Non-Profit Organization
- Hermitage Online project, organizer: State Hermitage Museum Federal State Educational Institution of Culture
- International Online Theatre Festival, organizer: TheTheatreTimes.com
“Best educational project”
- Inc., organizer: Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center
- “Media Art: Practices and Optics“, organizer: The Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts Federal State Educational Institution of Culture
- “My Tretyakov Gallery”, organizer: State Tretyakov Gallery All-Russian Museum Association
- “Online Laboratory of New Media in Culture“, organizer: Vinzavod Fund for the Support of Contemporary Art
- Behind an Object, There is A Story, organizer: FBQ Museum
- “Artifact“, organizer: Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation
- “BDFquest Big Children Fest Quest. Theater Delivery“, organizers: Sergey Bezrukov Fund for the Support and Development of Socio-Cultural Projects and the Moscow Gubernsky Theater State Autonomous Institution of Culture of Moscow Region
- “Love letters“, organizer: Pop-Up Theater Autonomous Non-Profit Organization
- “Mobile Art Theater“, organizer: History of the Future Creative Studio
- Arthive Apps, organizer: Vito Group LLC
“Digital transformation: from offline to online”
- “BAUHAUS/VKhUTEMAS. From Twenties To Twenties“, organizers: State Tretyakov Gallery, German Book Center of Moscow representative office of the Frankfurt Book Fair in Russia, Embassy of the State of Israel in Moscow
- “Fighter Book“, organizer: Integration State Museum and Cultural Center named after N. A.Ostrovsky State Budgetary Institution of Culture
- “Talk to a doll“, organizer: Puppet Format Theater
- Petersburg Theater Seasons Festival, organizer: Neva-ART Production Company
- Online 20th ASSITEJ World Congress on Theatre for Children, organizer: International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People
“Best SMM campaign”
- Blog about art, culture and development by Anastasia Konovalova
- “TikTok of the Russian National Library“
- “Hot Culture“
- VI World Folklore Contest in TikTok
- ru by Dmitry Avdeenko
“Best IT solution in the field of culture”
- New Stage XR mobile app, organizer: National Drama Theater of Russia (Alexandrinsky Theater) Federal State Educational Institution of Culture
- [AR]T Museum, organizer: Cuseum
- Iazzu Connects People with Culture, organizer: Iazzu Ltd. Switzerland
- Storytel Hub, organizer: Storytel audiobook service
- 4ART App, organizer: 4ARTechnologies AG
- “ Cultural detective story“, organizer: National Priorities Autonomous Non-Profit Organization in cooperation with Okko multimedia service, My Planet TV channel and EMG studio
- “Dialogues about art. Podcast for the deaf“, organizer: Languages without Borders Educational Center in cooperation with VTB PJSC
- “Visiting museum” together with Культура.РФ (culture.ru) and Marusya, organizer: Культура.РФ (culture.ru) web portal in cooperation with Marusya Voice Assistant project by VKontakte.com
- “Mariinsky Theater – for the 125th Anniversary of the Russian Museum“, organizer: State Academic Mariinsky Theater Federal State Educational Institution of Culture in cooperation with the State Russian Museum Federal State Educational Institution of Culture
- “Slepok” (“Plaster Cast”) film, organizers: Context International Festival. Diana Vishneva in cooperation with the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts and the Aksenov Family Foundation
This year, the award has also expanded its geography within the country. A large number of bright projects from the regions of Russia have been submitted for the international Culture Online award. Russian Culture Fund decided to encourage this initiative and established an additional nomination “Special Russian Culture Fund Prize”. The winner will be announced at the award ceremony.
The award ceremony will be held in an online format and will be broadcast on the Internet resources of the Russian Culture Fund and the award partners on November 15 at 17:00 Moscow time.