An outreach project aimed at development of cultural relations and popularization of professional music arts in the society.
On August 5-9, the Cantata International Music Festival was held in the Kaliningrad Region for the first time. It’s an outreach charitable project the objective of which, among other things, is to popularize the art of music and to draw attention to the historical heritage of the Kaliningrad Region. The 1st «Cantata» International Music Festival was timed to coincide with the 800th anniversary of Prince Alexander Nevsky to emphasize the unity of arts and history: all funds from ticket sales were directed for preservation of the architectural landmarks with the status of cultural heritage.
The «Cantata» Festival was held in a unique format: during five days, stars of opera, choir and symphonic music performed on the stages near the Middle-Age Protestant churches and castles in various cities of the Kaliningrad Region.
Participants of the Festival:
– Svetlana Kasyan, Russian opera singer (soprano);
– Natalya Lyaskova (mezzo-soprano);
– Sergei Godin (tenor);
– Boris Rudak (tenor);
– Konstantin Shushakov (baritone).
– Questa Musica Choir and Orchestra;
– «Masters of Choir» Big Academic Choir under the direction of Lev Kontorovich;
– Kaliningrad Philharmonic Orchestra under the direction of Arkady Feldman, Honored Art Worker of Russia;
– a sextet of soloists from the orchestra under the direction of Leonid Zhelezny, one of the brightest and most promising violinists of his generation, an alumnus of the Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory.